WestEd/SVMI Mathematics Network: Build Capacity in District Math Leaders
Who We Are
Implementing the Common Core Standards for Mathematics requires collaboration to strengthen teaching and learning. The WestEd/SVMI Mathematics Network supports educator leadership teams preparing all students to be college and career ready in mathematics.
Members participate in:
Networking and learning for mathematics teachers, coaches and administrators focused on high quality learning and teaching.
Collaborating on common problems of practice to share and institute policies, practices, and strategies that result in deep mathematics learning in every classroom.
- WSVMI is now offering customized mathematics PD experiences for member schools and districts!
- The WestEd/SVMI Mathematics Network is open for new membership! Contact us at email@example.com for details.
- Members, keep an eye out for information about our 2021 Summer Math Institute: “Open Math Tasks, Learning Recovery, and Fulfilling the Promise of the New California Math Framework”. This summer, we will once again be hosting the Institute online, Monday, July 26 - Thursday, July 29.
- This summer's online Summer Math Institute will address topics that are top of mind for teachers and leaders as they navigate the return to in-person or hybrid math instruction, including effective, research-supported strategies for supporting students’ math learning recovery; using open math tasks to support rigorous and balanced math learning recovery; and how we can best align 2021-2022 learning recovery plans with the newly revised California Math Framework.
- Not a member and interested in attending? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"I can see our district taking advantage from these amazing resources to fill in the gaps that their curriculum has as well as developing critical thinkers in class."
“This experience will help me push my students' thinking further and allow them the time to develop their understanding. As a coach, it will help me ask better questions of my teachers to help them focus on who is doing the thinking and learning in their classrooms.”
“[Attending the WSVMI Summer Math Coaching Institute] will impact my practice greatly. I can share resources and understanding of current math pedagogy with others as well as influencing my practice to support student learning and success on the CAASPP and critical thinking abilities.”
“This gave me so many more ideas to use with my students. I am really excited to start the year off implementing these ideas and routines we learned.”