WestEd/SVMI Mathematics Network: Build Capacity in District Math Leaders
Who We Are
Implementing the Common Core Standards for Mathematics requires collaboration to strengthen teaching and learning. The WestEd/SVMI Mathematics Network supports educator leadership teams preparing all students to be college and career ready in mathematics.
Members participate in:
Networking and learning for mathematics teachers, coaches and administrators focused on high quality learning and teaching.
Collaborating on common problems of practice to share and institute policies, practices, and strategies that result in deep mathematics learning in every classroom.
- WSVMI is now offering customized mathematics PD experiences for member schools and districts!
- The WestEd/SVMI Mathematics Network is open for new membership! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Members, keep an eye out for Summer Math Institute information! This summer, we'll be hosting two online Institutes, to be held June 22-25 and July 27-30.
- This summer's topics will include best practices for online math instruction, supporting students to be mathematically successful after this spring's school closures, using SVMI tasks and tools in online and hybrid environments, and leveraging the Common Core math shifts of focus, coherence, and rigor to implement effective math teaching and learning.
- Not a member and interested in attending? Please contact us at email@example.com.
"I can see our district taking advantage from these amazing resources to fill in the gaps that their curriculum has as well as developing critical thinkers in class."
“This experience will help me push my students' thinking further and allow them the time to develop their understanding. As a coach, it will help me ask better questions of my teachers to help them focus on who is doing the thinking and learning in their classrooms.”
“[Attending the WSVMI Summer Math Coaching Institute] will impact my practice greatly. I can share resources and understanding of current math pedagogy with others as well as influencing my practice to support student learning and success on the CAASPP and critical thinking abilities.”
“This gave me so many more ideas to use with my students. I am really excited to start the year off implementing these ideas and routines we learned.”
The WestEd/SVMI Mathematics Network is primarily funded by a grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.